Machu Picchu Tour Packages is ideal if you are short on time but want to visit the icons of Peru. From the capital of the Incas, with its bustling markets, magnificent monuments and colonial past we head to Machu Picchu and more.
The Machu Picchu Tour packages offered by “Sunrise Peru Trek” are all inclusive. Machu Picchu the known as the “Lost city of The Incas”. It is Peru’s the most Important National park located in the southeast of the country, so once you set foot on its lovely terrain, you will be greeted with wonderful landscape and enigmatic Inca temples. Machu Picchu is a picturesque piece of land, always fresh and welcoming. It is also known as the Incas pilgrimage center, and serves as the ceremonial center for the gods of the Mother Nature.
The Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, can be a bit overwhelming for those trying to escape the hustle and bustle of the city life, but wander a bit further from the din, and the pleasant sight of Mountains and tropical areas where exist exuberant flowers and orchids will relieve your sore eyes. Machu Picchu is so much more than a weekend getaway. It is a place for restless souls. Here we the best Machu Picchu Tours Packages for you. So, what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and plan a mesmerizing vacation to Machu Picchu.
Machu Picchu is the cradle of the ancient Inca civilization with rich cultural heritage. Experience the sights and sounds of its amazing diversity that is embedded in its geography and their impressive architecture. Explore the gifts of nature and the timeless marks of man-kind that dot the landscape of this region. The Maintains around Machu Picchu, wild-life and the adventure trekking provide one of the best vacations that you would have anywhere in the world.
About Machu Picchu and Machu Picchu Tour Package
The Inca citadel of Machu Picchu is located at 2,400 masl or 8,000fts; at 100 kilometers from the city of Cusco, on the top of the mountain which belongs to the “Vilcabamba” mountain range. Machu Picchu was declared recently as the new wonder of the world, so that it is inscribed in the list of the UNESCO as the world heritage site.
To visit the important site one need to reserve a Machu Picchu Tour Packages through a certificated travel agency as “Sunrise Peru Trek”.
Is said that Machu Picchu was built during the Inca “Pachacutek” who was the Inca king in the period of 1436 -1471; the site was abandoned upon the arrival of the Conquistadores (Spanish) in the 1536; since then no one knows until the 1911 when the America explorer Mr. Hiram Bingham discovered and excavated.
Best Places to Visit in Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu has several places to visit that provably only one day won’t be enough time if you want to explore the majority of the sites in Machu Picchu; below we are listen the most important places of Machupicchu which you’ll visit if you book a Machu Picchu Tour package:
Temple of the Moon:
This is a religious place; it’s an overhanging cave carved in the Huayna Picchu Mountain overlooking Machu Picchu protects this ceremonial temple’s entrance. The temple consists of a mix of niches; stone seating areas, altars and false doors inserted into the stonework. To visit this place takes you one hour walk from Machu Picchu.
Temple of the Three Windows:
One of the most Important Inca temple in Machu Picchu; this temple, overlooking the Central Plaza, was the main ceremonial area of Machu Picchu. Located on the Sacred Square in the main Urban Section of Machu Picchu this stone hall is 35 feet long and 14 feet wide and holds three of the original five trapezoidal windows along one wall. It’s known as the temple of the Andean cosmology too; doe to the existence of a carved stone in a shape of the “Chakana” and Inca or Andean cross
The Sun Gate:
Known as the “Intipunku”; it was the main control gate for entering and exiting the Sanctuary and was protected by the Inca military. For those today, which wish to see Machu Picchu in the first sunlight, there is no better place to view it then from this site that connects this Sanctuary to the classic Inca Trail.
Very Important site in Machu Picchu; this ritual stone is associated with the astronomic clock or calendar of the Inca and was designed to admit the light of the rising sun before and after the December solstice. This structure is precisely constructed and is thought to have played a part in the annual Inca ritual, Capac Raymi, a religious festival in honor of the sun.
The Temple of the Condor:
In this religious place there is a natural rock formation, the Inca stonemasons shaped into the outspread wings of a condor in flight. Archaeologist believe the head of the condor was used in ceremonies as a sacrificial altar. Located under the Condor Temple is a small cave where mummified remains were discovered.
Huayna Picchu is the towering mountain behind the actual Inca site of Machu Picchu. For many, climbing Huayna Picchu is one of the highlights when visiting Machu Picchu. The climb is interesting, as you hike on original Inca steps as you wind around the side of the mountain, enjoying views of Machu Picchu from various angles. Plan ahead for permits as there are only 400 issued daily with 200 guests entering from 7-8AM and the second group of 200 from 10-11AM.
Food in Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu is a favorite tourist destination for tourist from all over the world; so needless to say, the food is lip-smackingly good here. You can opt for the traditional food, which is served with little spicy, and trust me, that enhances the taste of the items, and consists of mildly spiced vegetables, curry, and fresh salad.
How to reach Machu Picchu
- By Trekking: There are trekking of 2 days, 4 days , 5 days, 7 days and 8 days.
- By road.- There is a very nice route the combines the Andes and the tropical region.
- By railways.- There are different types of train services so; the price is subject to the type of train see our trains to Machu Picchu information.
Machu Picchu is a beautiful place to spend your vacations whether you are with your family or your beloved. Its lush green surroundings, and more than perfect sights, make it one best place for honeymoon. It is a great place to relax, rejuvenate, and take a much-needed break from the humdrums of city life. The Mountains are a treat to the sore eyes, and the tranquility provides a soothing effect to the overworked brains.
Top Machu Picchu Tours Packages
[su_list icon=”icon: camera-retro” icon_color=”#eb960e”]
- Machu Picchu Day Trip: thsi tour includes one day explore the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Machu Picchu Luxury Tour 2 days.- This tour includes one day travel to the town of Aguas Calientes and the next day explore Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu By Car 2 Days: In this tour you’ll travel one day and the nex day you’ll explore MAchu Picchu
- Machu Picchu & Huaynapicchu Tour 2 days.- This tour include one night overnight in the town of Aguas Calientes.
- Machu Picchu Sunrise Tour 2 days.- In this tour you’ll visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas and Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Adventure Tour 5D.-This tour include the Sacred Valley of the Incas, anoe day trekking to Machu Picchu and one day explore the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Classic Tour 4D/3N.- In this tour is included the city of Cusco, the Sacred Valley of the Incas and Machu Pichu
- Machu Picchu Explore 5 days.- This tour includes the city of Cusco, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu Tour and the expedition to the Rainbow moutain.
- Machu Picchu Express Tour 5 days.- This tour includes the city of Cusco, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu Tour with overnight in the town of Aguas Calientes, the Inca terraces of Moray and the salt mines of Maras
- Machu Picchu Cultural Tour 6D/5N.- This tour includes the city of Cusco, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu Tour, the Inca terraces of Moray and the salt mines of Maras, and the souther of Cusco where you’ll visit the Inca ruins of Tipon, the per-Inca ruins of Pikillacta and the colonial temploe of Andahuaylillas
- Machu Picchu Magic Tour 5D/4N.- This tour includes the city of Cusco, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu Tour, the Inca terraces of Moray and the salt mines of Maras
- Machu Picchu Peru Tour 6 Days.- This tour includes from Lima to Cusco: The city of Cusco, Sacred Valley of the Incas and Machu Picchu.
- Machu Picchu Amazon Trip 7 days.- This tour includes the city of Cusco, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu Tour and explore the Amazon Jungle in the region of Puerto Maldonado