INTI RAYMI TOURS: The Best Inca festival in Peru Inti Raymi Tours 4DExplore the city of Cusco & Machu PicchuMore InfoInti Raymi Tour 5DExplore the City of Cusco & Machu PicchuMore InfoInti Raymi Day TourEnjoy the Best Inca festival in PeruMore Info Previous Next Sun Feast or Inti Raymi is the most multicolored festival in
MACHU PICCHU BY CAR: Travel by Car to Machupicchu
TWO DAYS TOURFrom Hotel to hotel
All Required Transportation
Tour Guide + Hotel
MACHU PICCHU BY CAR IS THE CHEAPEST OPTION TO VISIT THE INCA SANCTUARY OF MACHU PICCHU!... RESERVE YOUR SEATS!…
Machu Picchu By Car is another option to visit Machu Picchu if you haven’t got seats for the train. If you want to visit the most popular tourist destination in Peru, then this is the best option after the train or treking. Our tour offers charming views, picturesque mountain scenery, traditional villages and very comfortable tourist transportation.
- Optional climb the Huana Picchu Mountain. See here more details for the mountain of Huanapicchu: http://www.airpano.ru/files/Machu-Picchu-Peru/2-3
Two-days Machu Picchu By Car is a trip that starts in the city of Cusco and takes you on a confortable bus through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, then continues over “Abra Malaga pass” at 4,316 masl. From the pass we’ll descend to the cloud forest until we arrive to the town of Santa Teresa; here you’ll enjoy the hot springs, after that we will continue toward the village of “Hidroelectrica” then to the picturesque town of “Aguas Calientes”, where you’ll have accommodation in the hotel of 3-stars category.
The next day very early you’ll visit the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu escorted by our professional Guide; and in the afternoon we’ll return to Cusco by the same way. If you wish return by train, please tell us at the time of your booking.
Our Machu Picchu By Car is one of the most popular driving tour in Peru. The tour includes English spiking tour guide who will explain you during the bus journey and also within Machu Picchu. Machu Picchu By Car is suitable for everybody and we run this tour all year around. It’s important to reserve in advance because the permits for Machu Picchu are limited.
The two-day Machu Picchu By Car offers maximum Machu Picchu at minimum cost. In this tou you’ll spent one night in the town of Aguas calientes at the skirts of Machu Picchu Inca citadel. Embrace the culture and meet remarkable people as you dine on traditional fare with a local family in the village of Santa Teresa. You’ll enjoy the hotel accommodation and transport to the best sights.
- TOUR TIMING: 2 days 1 night
- STARTING POINT: Cusco hotel
- ENDING POINT: Cusco hotel
- DEPARTURE DATES: Daily Departure group service and private service.
- TYPE OF TOUR: Adventure, Cultural and History.
- GROUP SIZE: Min. 2 people – Max. 15 people include the guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Visit the town of Ollantaytambo
- Travel in our comfort tourist bus
- Stop at “Abra Malaga pass”
- Enjoy your lunch at Santa Teresa town
- Take the train or walk 3 hours through the Urubamba valley
- Enjoy hotel accommodation in the town of Aguas Calientes.
- Explore Machu Picchu with our best guide.
- Enjoy a free time within Machu Picchu for further exploration
Day 1: Bus from Cusco to Hidro-electrica and train to Aguas Calientes:
- Breakfast in the hotel
- 7:00am Pick up from your hotel in Cusco or at 8:20 from the sacred valley
- Travel in our tourist bus to the town of Santa Teresa (5 hours)
- Walk 3 hours or take the train From hidro to Aguas Calientes town.
- Hotel accommodation
Day 2: Explore Machu Picchu
- 4:30 am breakfast in the hotel
- 5:00am take the bus up to Machu Picchu
- 6:30am start the tour within Machu Picchu
- 11:00am Return to Aguas Calientes town
- Take the train to Hidro
- 3:00pm return to Cusco in our bus
- 9:00pm arrive to Cusco
DEATILED ITINERARY FOR MACHU PICCHU BY CAR
Day 1: Bus journey: Cusco – “Abra Malaga” – San Teresa – “Hidroeléctrica” – Town of “Aguas Calientes”:
Machu Picchu By Car starts once we pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at 07:00 a.m; or from the Sacred Valley (Urubamba or Ollantaytambo) at 08:20 a.m; then we’ll travel through a nice scenic ride to Ollantaytambo, where we will have a chance to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the area as we’re going to take a short break (30-minutes).
From Ollantaytambo, we will continue toward the pass of “Abra de Malaga”, which stands at an altitude of 4,316 masl. From that vantage point, we will see the most amazing landscapes of the Urubamba mountain range. After a brief stop, we will begin our descent into the thick jungle; we’ll pass through the different micro-climates that combine the paradisiacal landscapes of the majestic snow-capped peaks with the warmth and tropical entrance to the rainforest.
Continue along our route until we have reached “Alfamayó” zone, from here will be 1 hour and 30min to Santa Maria; located at an altitude of 1,575 meters above sea level. We will take a rest here before continuing toward the small town of Santa Teresa (be prepared for different types of route).
In the town of Santa Teresa will be served the lunch at approximately 02:00 p.m. Afterwards, at around 03:45 p.m, we will return to the route in the direction of the train station at the nearby “Hidroeléctrica”. In the Afternoon we’ll take the train to Aguas Calientes; Here you will be taken to the designated hotel.
- Meals Included: Lunch and Dinner
- Hotel Accommodation: Category of 3-stars
Day 2: Explore Machupicchu: Town of “Aguas Calientes” – Sunrise Tour at Machu Picchu – Town of “Aguas Calientes” – “Hidroeléctrica” – Santa Teresa – “Abra Malaga Pass” – Ollanta – Cusco:
At 5:30am we’ll take the bus for 25 minutes up to Machu Picchu; The guided tour of the site will begin at 06:30 a.m and will last for at least 2 – 3 hours. during the tour we’ll visit: the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of Three Windows and various cemeteries around.
After the tour you’ll will be given free time to stroll through the Citadel until approximately 11:00am; which is the recommended time to begin returning down to the town of “Aguas Calientes” and take the train back to “Hidroeléctrica”. The train leaves at 01:30 p.m. Once we arrive to “Hidroeléctrica” we’ll take the same car, which will take us to Santa Teresa.
In Santa Teresa we will have one hour break for one last chance to get some food; or use the restroom before we undertake the final leg of the ride. We will then get back to Cusco, returning by the same road that brought us. We will arrive to Cusco at around 9:00 p.m (approx).
- Meals Included: Breakfast in the hotel
MACHU PICCHU BY CAR INCLUDES
- Private, Tourist Transport “to and from” the “Hidroeléctrica plant” (Cusco, Hydro, Cusco)
- Train from “Hidro to Aguas Calientes” – “Hidro”
- 1 accommodation night (w/ private bath, 24 hour hot water, Free luggage storage)
- 1 lunch, 1 dinner (Day 1), 1 breakfast (Day 2)
- Entrance to the Citadel of Machu Picchu
- Professional, bilingual Guide
- Bus up and down from “Aguas Calientes” town to Machu Picchu
- Lunch on Day 2.
- Entrance to huaynapicchu Mountain + US$ 30
- Entrance to the thermal hot baths US$6.00
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
small bag pack (30lts)
- Mosquito repellent, sunscreen
- Hat and long sleeve shirts
- Swimsuit, Shorts, towel, and sandals, if you want to visit the thermal baths
- Lantern, for if you choose to walk up to Machu Picchu, a poncho for rain
- Water bottle and snacks
- Camera, etc
- Note: The accommodation will be based on double or group rooms.
PRICE OF THE TOUR
Price: US$ 230 per person Group service
- Only transport: US$ 30 per person
- Transport + entrance to Machu Picchu + guide: US$ 100 per person
- Transport + Entrance to Machu Picchu + hotel in the town of Aguas Calientes US$ 130 per person
- Transport + Entrance to Machu Picchu + hotel + Bus up and down + Guide: US$ 170 per person
Prices shown for Machu Picchu By Car are per person travelling. ‘Twin/Double’ prices per person apply when there are 2 people travelling, sharing a room. The ‘Single supplement’ applies for single travellers who require their own room and needs to be added to the ‘Twin/Double’ price. If you are happy to be paired up with another single traveller of the same sex on your tour, this can be arranged, thus avoiding the single person supplement.
HOTEL IN THE TOWN OF AGUAS CALIENTES – HOSTEL PRESIDENTE
Address: Aguas Calientes
Telephone: +51 (84)
See the Hotel’s Website
Hostal Presidente in the town of Aguas Calientes or Machu Picchu is located in the heart of town, beside the Urubamba River; it’s a stunning modern hotel affording amazing views of the Urubamba Canyon and the surrounding mountains. The guest rooms have been designed with optimum taste and comfort in mind and include state of the art facilities. all rooms have a private bath and 24 hour hot water, wi-fi, etc. Some of the rooms have small balconies with great views over the Urubamba Valley.
Machu Picchu By Car Video
Machu Picchu By Car Map
PLACES TO VISIT IT
Machu Picchu By Car Map Location
Questions And Answers
It is an Inca archaeological site; Machu Picchu is an outstanding reminder of the power and ingenuity of the Inca civilization. Built in the 15th century, the ancient citadel was abandoned only 100 years later and many mysteries remain. Machu Picchu was Listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage site in 1983 and announced as one of the Seven Wonders of the World in 2007; it is the most important tourist destination in the world
At 100 kilometers from the city of Cusco at an altitude of 2,400masl; is located overlooking the Urubamba River, the site of Machu Picchu sits above the Sacred Valley – located in the Cusco region of Peru.[/
To get to Machu Picchu you can walk along the Inca Trail for 2 days or 4 days; you also can take the train from the train station of Ollantaytambo (1:45 hours) or from Poroy (3 hours); or you can take bus for 6 -7 hours
The good news is Machu Picchu can be visited year-round. The most popular time, and therefore the most crowded, is in June, July and august. Low cloud cover during the dry season from April to October also means cold nights on hiking trails – so make sure to bring some thermals for a good night’s sleep. The wet season takes place from November to March. This is when the temperature rises and the region receives heavy rainfall.
Related Machu Picchu Trips
MACHU PICCHU AMAZON TRIP 7 DAYS: Explore the Andes and Amazon Jungle Previous Next SEVEN DAYS TOUR From Hotel to hotel $ 1,260 Per Person All Required Transportation Tour Guide + Hotel Entrance fees Click Here No meals Included – Daily Departure Experience the two most picturesque regions of Peru: Andes and Amazon Jungle. Our
MACHU PICCHU PERU TOUR 6 DAYS: Explore the Best of Peru in one week Previous Next SIX DAYS TOUR From Hotel to hotel $ 970 Per Person All Required Transportation Tour Guide + Hotel Entrance fees Click Here No meals Included – Daily Departure Our Machu Picchu Peru Tour is great trip where you’ll visit